Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service means storing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you desire to create a website, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages frequently include ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely false interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the load between separate hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various website hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some distributors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a huge amount of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will receive a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your mails. Some providers offer web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you want to keep an email address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to keep as many videos as you want to without worrying about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to possess a website. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and e-mails, upload video files, etc. At BizTalk Hosting, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content solely.